Allianz Global Assistance Hurricane Alert
The official Atlantic hurricane season lasts from June 1 to November 30. To maximize vacation protection from storms and hurricanes, travelers should buy insurance when they make their travel plans and before a storm or hurricane is announced.
Once the National Weather Service issues a warning for a storm or hurricane, it is considered a foreseeable event. Policies purchased on or after the warning date do not cover losses related to that event.
If you have an Allianz Travel Insurance policy and need to file a claim, please visit our online claims center or call us at 800-729-6021.
List of storms and the date that they became foreseeable events:
- Tropical Storm Debby - June 24, 2012
- Tropical Storm Ernesto - August 3, 2012
- Tropical Storm Isaac - August 22, 2012
- Tropical Storm Joyce - August 23, 2012
- Hurricane Leslie - September 6, 2012
- Tropical Storm Rafael - October 15, 2012
- Hurricane Sandy - October 24, 2012
- Nor'easter - November 07, 2012