Here's a secret travel agents know: You can buy low-cost travel insurance that includes emergency medical benefits. It's called The OneTrip Emergency Medical Plan, and it's designed for travelers who don't need to insure the cost of their trip but want to make sure they're covered in case of emergencies while they're traveling. Is post-departure travel insurance right for you?
Who Needs Post-Departure Travel Insurance?
The OneTrip Emergency Medical Plan, Allianz Global Assistance's post-departure travel insurance plan, is designed for international travelers who don't need to cover the cost of their pre-paid travel expenses. Here are a few examples.
- A travel agent living in Miami is taking a free, week-long Caribbean cruise, compliments of the cruise line. She has no pre-paid travel costs, but she's an experienced traveler and knows that she still needs emergency medical and dental coverage on her trip.
- A businessman is attending a conference in Barcelona, and he's bringing his wife along on the trip. His company is paying for their flight and hotel room, but he still wants to protect his and his wife's health while they're traveling.
- A budget traveler is embarking on a 10-day tour of Central America for cheap, thanks to frequent-flyer miles and hostel stays. She wants to keep her trip costs low, but she wants medical-only travel insurance to protect her from astronomical hospital bills if she becomes seriously ill or injured.
The Benefits of the OneTrip Emergency Medical Plan
The OneTrip Emergency Medical Plan includes all these crucial benefits:
- Emergency Accident Medical Expense (injury) benefit limits up to $50,000
- Emergency Sickness Medical Expense (illness) benefit limits up to $50,000. Existing medical conditions are covered under certain circumstances. Please read your policy for more information.
- Emergency Evacuation benefit limits up to $250,000 to return home or to an appropriate medical facility
- Repatriation of Remains benefit limits up to $250,000
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment benefit limits up to $10,000
- Trip Delay benefit limits up to $1,000
- Missed Connection benefit limits up to $1,000
- Baggage Delay benefit limits up to $750
- Baggage/Personal Effects benefit limits up to $2,000
- Supplier/Itinerary Change benefit limits up to $500
- 24-hour Emergency Assistance to help with travel or medical emergencies
- Full Concierge
It's easy to purchase post-departure travel insurance. Get a quote today!